This simple, easy and delicious no cook recipe has been doing the rounds of the community I grew up in for years. I remember making it as a teenager and then when I was living out of home it was how I played ‘grown ups’ with out having to bake! It is so easy and so quick. Perfect to whip up in a pinch and so easy you can get the kids involved and they could make it with their eyes closed! 😉
Be warned… it’s really yummy so you may not be able to stop at one piece!
Chocolate Hazelnut Slice Recipe
- 1 packet of milk arrowroot biscuits
- 1 cup of coconut
- 3 tablespoons of cocoa
- 1 tin of condensed milk
- 250g block of cadbury milk chocolate with hazelnut
- In a food processor (I have a mini one that is so handy for little jobs like this and also for pureeing baby food – something like this) blitz up the packet of milk arrowroots until smooth and all chunks gone
- Empty the arrowroots into a bowl. Add the coconut and the cocoa powder. Give it a quick mix to combine
- Next, add the tin of condensed milk to the dry ingredients and stir to combine thoroughly
- Grease and line a slice tin. (greasing is essential. lining is optional) lining the tray makes it easier to get out and slice up but can make it trickier to spread out the mixture evenly in the pan before refrigeration. It’s totally a judgement call.
- Spoon the mixture into the slice tin and spread out evenly through the pan
- Get your chocolate and a microwave proof jug or bowl. Break the chocolate into pieces and place in your container. Place in the microwave and melt in 30 sec increments until melted (be sure to keep an eye on it)
- Pour the melted chocolate over the slice base in the tin and spread evenly. The nuts tend to want to clump together so just move a few around so they are spread evenly. (it may seem like there isn’t enough chocolate but a little goes a long way and you really only need a light layer. Again, that’s a judgement call and if you like more… add more!)
- Place the tin in the fridge to set (about an hour or so should do the trick.)
- Once set, remove it from the fridge and cut into your desired size pieces.
- Place pieces into a container and store in the fridge
- Eat and enjoy!
NB; If you want/need to avoid nuts make this with plain milk chocolate or dark chocolate. Or, if you don’t like hazelnuts make it with cashews or almonds!