I am becoming somewhat of an unofficial aficionado of chocolate chip cookies… I have been on the search for the perfect cookie. I have come close and even thought I found it several times. These cookies are great, these delicious and these yummy. All are easy to cook and the below recipe is no exception.
I think these are my favs… to me, they’re perfect as they’re crunchy on the outside and chewy on the inside. It also makes them an easier treat to eat for the kids!!
Makes; 18 cookies
- 125g butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup caster sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 cup self raising flour
- 3/4 cup plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- Pre-heat oven to 160C (fan forced)
- Melt butter in microwave or in saucepan over medium heat.
- Combine the sugars and butter in a bowl and stir to combine. Stir until most of the sugar has dissolved.
- Lightly beat the egg and then add it and the vanilla to the butter & sugar mix and stir to combine.
- Sift the flours and baking powder in a separate bowl.
- Gradually add the flour mixture to the butter and sugar mixture. Stirring to combine.
- Stir the cup of choice chips through
- Line your baking trays and spoon large tablespoons of the mixture onto the trays
- Bake for 12 minutes or until golden. Remove from the oven, allow to cool on the tray for 3 minutes and then transfer to rack to cool completely.
Do you prefer your cookies chewy or crunchy? Got a great recipe I should try?
Note: The original recipe was found here