CREATING A BOYS BEDROOM

H Room marquee light landscape Back in October I wrote a post on inspiration for a boys room. H was ready for a big boy bed and it was time to take his room from a nursery to a fully fledged little boys room.

He transitioned really well into a big bed and I’m loving how his room has transformed. It’s not 100% yet but I’m loving it nonetheless and am even happier that he loves it.

I thought you might like to see how it looks now… my little boys bedroom.

H room landscape resize Marquee light collage H beside large portrait H bedside dinosaur collage H ahoy pillow collage H chair collage H Room marquee light landscape His big boy bed is a king single with a single trundle from Forty Winks. Sheetsdoona coverdoona from Sheridan. Mattress protector from Bed, Bath n’ Table. Anchor marquee light from Papier D’Amour

Star bunting from @buntinginparadise, Chair from Ikea, Rocket Ship by Hape, Animal prints by Eastwitching, Ahoy pillow from Cotton On, Alphabet print by Poppy Studio

I haven’t updated any of the artwork at this stage. I chose the artwork overtime to be relatively timeless. I wanted something that would grow with him. I will more than likely tweak it overtime but the beauty at the moment is… it doesn’t need to be.

What do you think? Any bedrooms in your house had a makeover lately?

Comments

Thanks so much Malinda. I’m thrilled with how it came together. Next on the list is my girls room. Jx

This is adorable!! It didn’t even occur to me to redecorate my son’s room when we turned his cot into a toddler bed… but I guess it’s never too late right? Loving the theme and the pictures in those frames. Simple, elegant yet still boyish and whimsical. Well done!

Looks great Jess. I love the sheets, Ahoy cushion and the anchor marquee light! No rooms getting a makeover around here, saving all that till we build now. x

Thanks Fleur. I’m glad you like it. Now to tackle E’s room. It needs a bit of love. Now that H is in a new bed I’m dying for E to get into one. Being only 19 months I have a ways to go! Just think how much wonderful pent up styling mojo you’ll have when the house is built. Jx

Thanks so much lovely. The kids are enjoying playing in there (and trashing it 😉 ) more and more. I found it such a milestone going from a baby’s room to a bigger kids room. Time is marching on!! Jx

Thanks Tegan. That artwork was the first artwork H did at age 6 months… his first finger painting (with a bit of help from Mum 😉 ) Jx