THE LITTLEST FISHERMAN

H has been busting to go fishing. He pretends to fish all the time. Pa told him he would take him fishing and he has been busting with excitement. So when it was raining today that wasn’t going to stop them.

Armed with a little rod from Kmart they went ‘fishing’, pouring rain and all. As you can see from the sheer look of glee on his face he enjoyed every moment and reluctantly came inside when we decided it was just too wet. There is some casting practice in his future… boy oh boy is he wild and wooly with that!!

Armed with my camera, I wasn’t going to let a bit of rain stop me from capturing memories.

Fishing in the rain 6 fishing in the rain 5 Fishing in the rain 8 Fishing in the rain 3 Fishing in the rain 7 Fishing in the rain 2 fishing in the rain 4 Fishing in the rain Fishing in the rain 9 I love that he didn’t let a little rain get in the way. A huge thank you to Pa for making a little boy’s day.

Aren’t these moments great? Do you have first memories of these from your childhood or your kids? Are you big on capturing memories?

Comments

That’s adorable! My youngest was mad for fishing for years, tackle shops were his fave and we loved crabbing too. One day he went out on a boat for some deep sea fishing, got seasick and hasn’t fished since. So sad but I still have all his gear I hope he takes it up again x

Nothing but the yellow plastic fish attached to the end (and some seaweed)… all very pretend fishing!! JX

Oh, how lovely that you’ve captured it on film. I don’t have kids but I know my uncle gave my niece a little fishing rod when she was young and took her ‘fishing’ once. I don’t think it involved bait or anything, but was more about the experience.

Deb

It’s absolutely all about the experience. My little man has been more than happy casting and reeling in without catching anything at all. Jx

You’re too kind lovely. I just love looking back at these moments and feeling all nostalgic. Jx

Thank you Min. I was a little worried about how wet the camera was getting. So much fun for all. Jx

Thank you Karren. Thanks for stopping by and reading. I have dropped by and joined in your The Oh My Heartsie Girl WW. Thanks for inviting me. Jx

Trackbacks