5 THINGS I’M LOVING AT THE MOMENT

It’s been a long and slow week here… I know it’s only Wednesday but E has been sick for the last 2 days. it turns out the poor bubba has 3 viruses. Nothing overly drastic but enough to know she is sick and feeling poorly and needs lots of cuddles and rest. When the Dr. rang to tell me the results of the mouth swab I was thinking she should be more miserable than she is. My little trooper!!

I was surprised when he told me he has seen a few trifecta virus results lately. He also said that despite the 3 viruses that most of the time they are no sicker than they would be if there were suffering from 1 virus. That said, I still think E is a trooper. She’s on the mend though as I have seen several glimpses of her cheekiness today. She is almost back to her Brother tormenting best.

So anyway, what all of this means is that it’s been hard to find a lot of time for the blog so I am sharing with you 5 things I’m liking at the moment… It’s a mixed bunch but all make me happy and put a smile on my face.

Firstly, I’m loving that on the weekend I got stuck into the office. I have a clearer workspace and I’m loving it. I think every house has a room that is a magnet for crap and becomes a dumping ground for things to deal with at a later stage and the office is that room in this house. Well, on Saturday I finally got stuck into the mess and I have a pile of shredding I can’t jump over and I waded my way through 2 plastic tubs of documents that have been sitting there since we moved in over 3 years ago!!! (no judgement please 🙂 )
Cleared Office I am loving my One Teaspoon shorts. My husband and parents are not fans but I like them, and they’re comfortable, so I wear them.

Short shorts I had a craving for soup the other night so I made this roast pumpkin soup and it was good! A little cumin, paprika, cayenne pepper, salt + pepper, cream and coriander = YUM!

Roast Pumpkin Soup These arrived in the post today and I have been pouring over them tonight. I sense a master bed makeover in our future!! So many goodies. I could honestly have it all. I also have my eye on a dining table and chairs. So good!!

Catalogues We got out for a walk in the park this morning and I looked back to see my babies holding hands. At that exact moment my heart swelled and burst into a million pieces. So, so, so gorgeous.

HandE holding hands So there you have it… 5 things I’m loving at the moment.

Here’s to the office staying clean, baby girl getting better, my bed getting a makeover and more pumpkin soup.

How is you week going? Have a room in your house that’s a magnet for crap to deal with later? Want the recipe for my soup? Do you love Pottery Barn and Williams Sonoma? Wearing shorts lately?

Comments

Your kids holding hands are too cute! Love those moments 🙂 hopefully bugs are on the way out. Those shorts are smokin hot – show those legs off Jess! My office has been on the list of things to do FOREVER!! I’m nearly there. I’ve got a light box to open as my reward after all those papers are filed away 🙂

2. Amie says

As you know I’m a sucker for a denim short and first LOVE those.. I can’t wait to get skinny again! Glad E is feeling better, I’m obviously loving Noosa this week xx

3. Jasmine says

Denim shorts are amaze balls! Ignore all judgements but your own on those ones ; ) Also could you do a post on how you got into photography? What camera you use, good websites/blogs to learn from etc? You may have done one already, I’m just too lazy to go hunting : P

Hope your baby gets better soon! Love the new office space and those shorts are hot! I would wear shorts a lot more often if I had a pair of pins like yours! The picture at the park is priceless, you’re on fire with your photography lately capturing so many beautiful moments!

Thanks Nat. It was a sheer fluke I captured it… although truth be told, I’m never too far from my camera phone. Jx

Popping over from Agent Mystery Case! Your kids holding hands is awesome! Glad your daughter is on the mend. My 17 year old daughter is recovering from double knee surgery at the moment. She’s a trooper too!

As far as do I have a room that attracts crap? Nope. I have a whole house that does…. 😉

Have a great day!

Ha!! The crap isn’t just restricted to the office here either!! I hope your daughter is doing well. Double knee surgery is tough. Have a great day too. Jx

I wish I bought some of the One Teaspoon shorts at their 50% off boxing day sale. Post shopping regret their big time.
    My office is in desperate need of an overhaul. I actually thought I might get stuck into it today. My desk is piled high with folders and papers.
    Hope E continues on the mend. x

I should have bought some too. Benefit of hindsight right!? You, my friend, need to be putting your feet up as much as you can… life’s about to get a whole lot busier!! Jx
      P.S… E is MUCH better. xx

Awwww – such a sweet photo of your babies! I hope that she is feeling much better now.

I know what you mean about the office – my desk becomes the catch-all in our house, and it drives me insane. I’ve told my husband many, many, MANY times to not dump things on my desk. If he leaves them on the bar or on the coffee table, I’ll sort it when I get home, but to mess up the order of my desk gives me some rage. *sigh* I’m on the hunt for a filing cabinet for in there that I can make over. Perhaps if he can put it on top of the filing cabinet he won’t ruin my desk., *sigh*