LET’S DO WHAT WE LOVE

Do what we Love Happy Monday Everyone. Did you all have a good weekend?

I’m kicking off the week with some Words to Live by… ‘Let’s do what we love and do lots of it!’ I LOVE these words.

Doing what we love makes us happy and being happy is so good for us. When we do what we love chances are we’re good at it and if we’re not then we will be, as practice makes perfect. Don’t you think?

For me, doing what I love includes Parenting, reading, taking photos, blogging, decorating our house, creating pretty things… luckily for me I get to do A LOT of parenting!! and for the most part a lot of the other stuff too.

What do you love to do? Do you do lots of it or have plans to? I’d love to hear about it…

Comments

I am so very lucky and grateful that I get paid to do what I love. I love to write, I love to blog and I love social media. I also love gardening and find it so relaxing and exciting when I see the fruits of my back breaking labour come to life in my garden with flowers and fruit. This is such a great reminder and I’m a huge believer of focusing on what you love and success and happiness will follow. We always tend to put a different type of effort and focus into things we love and it’s much more evident.

Gardening is something I haven’t developed a passion for. But when I have been in the garden I do get a great sense of achievement. Jx

I love to drink wine…and I’m good at it….doesn’t quite work in that context. For me personally it’s blogging, playing hockey, wandering around a market, even taking half an hour to just sit and read a magazine in peace and quiet. However sometimes it’s the little things that make me happiest – like taking the tornadoes to our favourite park by the beach. They can play and I can drink a takeaway coffee and enjoy the sunshine and sound of the waves. Bliss. Even better if Handy Hubby can join me.

I’d love to have more time for reading – actual books!
    The things I love most are writing, blogging, reading and just hanging out with the kids – I taught them Jenga on the weekend – they loved it! Laughs were priceless.

We are yet to discover board games so am looking forward to that. I hear you on the actual book front. Jx

I love to get outside and ride, run, skip, jump, climb, and play, I love cooking and creating in some way, I love big squeezy cuddles from my kids, I love teaching and sharing my love of exercise. Great post and good reminder to stop and think about the things you really love and whether you are doing enough of those very things. Cheers, Beth.

Yay, I love positive messages and words to live by! So for me, this means loads of cuddles and staring into my kids’ eyes (without being weird about it of course), having a great big laugh with my husband and connecting with my mum. I would love to get in some reading and time to write, these things are a work in progress though!

You have your hands full and it’s so wonderful to be doing what we love everyday looking after our kids. I hope you can find the time to do a little something you love that’s just for you soon. Jx

Happy Monday! A great reminder for the start of the week when I feel like I am trying to do everything at once. I try to plan out my week as best I can, but it’s always flexible based on how I’m feeling and other things that crop up. I love being a mum to my two gorgeous girls, writing, blogging and reading. I have also found a new love for baking and sometimes enjoy being a little crafty. I love coming across new ideas for decorating our house – it’s amazing what you can do even if you’re on a budget!

Very close to the words I am trying to live by “Do what you love. Love what you do.” It’s easier said then done. I had to wait until all my kids were finished school (no more school fees) and then try and rediscover myself to work out what I love to do. I’m still working on it. I hope other people don’t wait as long as I did to prioritise themselves!! Being unhappy and stressed has a terrible affect on your health!