MAKEUP IN LESS THAN 5 MINUTES

Makeup in less than 5 minutes I love makeup and have lots of it. I’m a sucker for a new eyeshadow palette, a good lippy or a good lip gloss. It seems I am on the eternal search for the perfect lip balm.

Despite loving makeup I am terribly inconsistent wearing it. Somedays with the kids I don’t put a skerrick on. Other times I go through a phase where I wear it a lot and most days I literally put on bronzer, mascara and a lip balm. The bronzer doubles as an eyeshadow too.

Anyway, on Monday I had a friend coming for morning tea and made a bit of an effort to look nice (as you do) and I thought I would time myself. I knew it didn’t take long but I wasn’t sure how long. So what you see in the after photo below literally took 4.5mins.

BEFORE & AFTER

Makeup in less than 5 minutes before and after collage This is what I used and how I did it.

Makeup in under 5 Minutes 1. Chanel Les Beiges $77.00 | 2. Benefit Bene Tint $55.00 | 3. Sephora Blush Brush (Bought in USA) | 4. Benefit Brow Pencil $39.00 |5. YSL Touche Eclat $57.00 | 6. Mac Bronzing Powder in Refined Golden $39.00

7. Nars Eyeshadow Duo in Kalahari $46.00 | 8. Chanel Eyeshadow Brush (Bought in USA but available in store at Chanel Beauty here) | 9. Mac Lip Pencil in Dervish $30.00 | 10. Chanel Waterproof Eyeliner $44.00 | 11. Benefit ‘They’re real‘ mascara $38.00 | 12. Lucas’ Pawpaw Ointment $4.99

Firstly, make sure your face is nicely moisturised as this will make everything go on smoother and you’ll look fresher.

1. Start with the Les Beiges. I apply it like a moisturiser and make sure it’s blended. Les Beiges is an all in one fluid… a moisturiser, foundation and sunscreen. It’s also quite illuminating which shows up in the after photo. (I should note here; I am not a foundation wearer. With the exception of having my makeup professionally done I never wear it. I just prefer a lighter feel of makeup and I guess I have been lucky that I have gotten away with it so far)

2. I then used the touche éclat under my eyes and on the eyelid up to the brow line. I LOVE this product and don’t know what I did before it. This product has cult status for a reason. Once you apply it blend it in with your finger tips (you can also use makeup sponges but in the interest of saving time and getting the job done I use my fingers)

3. Next I apply my bronzer with the blush brush. I put the bronzer on my brush and starting on your forehead to a double C sweep down the side of one face… from your forehead, around your temple down to the hollow of the cheek and in to just under the apple of your cheek then back out and down to your jaw line. Do this a couple of times on each side. I also do a quick sweep over the eyelids and under the eyes just to even out the skin a little.

4. Then I put my eyebrow pencil on. I have been using this pencil for years and absolutely swear by it. I have my Mother and Sister using it and they love it too. A great tip I was taught was to follow the upper line of your eyebrows and then blend with the brush. You can make your eyebrows look as full as you want. I also apply the pencil to the beginning of them as I have a chicken pox scar in the beginning of one so it needs to be filled in!

5. Next I applied a sweep of eyeshadow to the lids. I just used one colour. For me I used a bronze colour to bring out the green in my eyes. If I had more time I would use 2 to 3 colours and blend but this is about working with the time you have and making the most of it. One colour still looks great and does the job. If you wanted to spend a few more seconds you could use a light base colour over the lids and up to the brow bone and then apply your eyeshadow to the lid up to the crease but I have used the touch éclat as my base so just go straight for the colour on the lid. To finish off I also do a sweep of the brush on the lower lash line with the remaining shadow on the brush. This just puts a hint of colour down there without using a liner and adding too much definition and it takes no time to do.

6. Next I apply the eyeliner. From the moment I used this Chanel one I loved it. So easy to apply and it stays put. I know there are cheaper eyeliners on the market and I have several others I love… like Mac and Bobbi Brown but I find myself going for this one each time. It’s also a deep brown/bronze colour which is softer on the eyes too.

7. On with the mascara. My current favourite is They’re real by Benefit. It’s great and gives good lash. I just did a quick sweep on the lids. For more definition do a couple of swipes and you’re good to go.

8. Next I used the bene tint. I have been using this product for eons. Swipe a little on your lips for a pop of rosy pink and then on the apple of each cheek make a small cross. The whilst you smile blend the cross (with your fingers) into the apple of your cheek and blend along your cheekbone line.

9. Apply the lip pencil to your lips and finish with a swipe of pawpaw ointment. (random fact: I used this lip pencil on my wedding day)

10. You’re good to go and all of that took just 4.5 minutes!!

As you can see it’s an easy and natural look. Perfect for day time. For night I would add more eyes and swipe on a darker or brighter lipstick.

Makeup in under 5 minutes after 2 I need to do it more often now I know how quick it is. No excuses!!

Do you have a quick and easy makeup routine? Any great products I need to know about? What are your favourites?

Comments

I can do my makeup in record time, if I have to. Not sure about 4 and a half minutes though! I have a bag full of makeup, the kids get into it more than I use it though! I really don’t have any excuses either.

This was great. I love make up too and have quite a stash of eye shadows but like you, I will go for days without wearing a scrap. Random fact: I have really oily eyelids, so that without an eye shadow super duper primer, the powder just evaporates within the hour!!! Many frustrating occasions! Thank gawd I have now found the smashbox range. What is Touch Éclat exactly? I’m intrigued! Also a huge fan of benetint. Gorgeous!

Well sure…. it only takes four and a half minutes if you’re already STUNNING without makeup on!

Ugh, I hate people like you. I look like an anaemic wildebeest without makeup. I have to wear it every day. At a minimum it has to be bronzer, concealer, brows and lashes. But that’s only if the house is burning down and that’s all I can manage. Otherwise there will be BBcream, blush, eyeliner and eyeshadow as well. Don’t you find Touche Eclat runs without some translucent powder on top? I can’t get it to stay under my eyes without pressing in a bit of powder.

hahaha… hardly. but thank you! xx
      I refuse to believe you look anything less than lovely without makeup on. When time permits I use a little translucent powder but I find I swipe a little left over bronzer on the brush over my eyes and just under and it does the trick. Jx

Thank you lovely. The brow pencil really is the best. SO easy to use and stays put! Jx

I wear minimal make up too, BB cream, eyeliner, mascara and a touch of lip gloss usually sees me right. I think you look wonderful with make up and without and as Little Red Riding Hood would say, “Jess, what beautiful eyes you have!”

You’re too sweet Sammie. How good is minimal makeup. I couldn’t wear a full on face everyday as I don’t mind putting it on but taking it off I find tedious and messy. I guess for me it comes down to being lazy and time poor. hahahaha. Jx

5. Jasmine says

My make up wearing habits run pretty much parallel with how many beauty vlogs I’m watching at the time : ) I’d love to try Chanel products, it’s on the ‘to do’. I find Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer is worth the hype, as is Hydralauron (good under base), Nars concealer and Kevin Aucoin eyebrow pencil (brunette). I’m forever on the hunt for the worlds most flattering pinky beige lip colour.

Mine runs parallel to new purchases. I will have to try the Laura Mercier. For lipsticks… have you tried Syrup by MAC? I recently bought a great pinky nude lip colour by Ilia the other week. It’s organic. I’ll share some more info if you’re interested? Jx

Thanks Nikky. So pleased you like it. I first tried a sample of the Les Beiges so don’t be afraid to ask them for some. I hope you like it. Jx

Thank you lovely. Thank you so much for coming over. We’re so excited for you. Jx

Thank so much Dayarne. I am so the same and sometimes it’s just nice to put on a bit of a face. I know I feel a bit better about the world when I do. It’s the small things. Jx

You are stunning Jess. I really love how you can achieve that in 5 mins. I don’t think I am very good with make up, or hair really ha! I wear make up most days, I just feel too blergh with out it. And I am vain. My fav product is a BB cream. I have just run out so in the market for a new one. Do you have any recommendations? x

Thank you lovely, You are too kind. I know my SIL used the Garner BB cream and swears by it. She uses it for it’s added hypoallergenic properties and it works a treat. In fact my MIL just bought some to send to her in HKG as she was having trouble getting it there. Jx