This meal is ready in the time it take to boil water and cook pasta. It’s that simple. The flavours are tasty and compliment each other. You don’t feel too heavy after eating this like you can with some pasta dishes.
- 500g Pasta (any of your choice)
- 100g Prosciutto (2-3 slices per person)
- 1 large head Broccoli (3 florets per person)
- 36 Pitted Kalamata Olives, halved (6 per person)
- Olive oil (for dressing)
- Parmesan (to serve on top of pasta) optional
- Pepper & Salt (for seasoning – you will not need much, if any salt due to the prosciutto & olives)
- Boil the kettle and place boiling water in a saucepan on the stove, salt it. Bring to the boil and add your pasta.
- Prepare your broccoli in large florets. Either cook them in the microwave for a few minutes or prepare a small pot of boiling water on the stove and cook the broccoli in it whilst the pasta is cooking
- Shred your prosciutto slices into small pieces and place to the side
- Cut your kalamata olives in half and place to the side
- Drain pasta and drizzle some olive oil over it and stir through
- Cut your broccoli up into smaller florets
- Combine all the pasta, broccoli, prosciutto & olives into a large bowl and stir gently to combine. Don’t stir too much as the prosciutto will clump up.
- Season to taste
- Serve in bowls will grated parmesan on top
- Eat & enjoy!
I hope you enjoy this dish. I have written it for 4 people but I often do a smaller version just for the kids dinner. This would work just as well as a lunch dish.
Enjoy this simple, easy and tasty dinner. Don’t forget to change the type of pasta if you want as well… wholegrain, gluten free, quinoa, mung bean… etc.
Do you cook simple pasta dishes? What is your favourite type of pasta? Have you tried mung bean pasta?
P.S – Don’t want to miss out on anything? Then be sure to get on the list to receive our weekly Newsletter full of all the latest updates and information.