I can’t believe it’s the last day of June today. I feel like a broken record saying this again but seriously where is the time going??!! It truly feels like it’s going at warp speed with no signs of slowing down any time soon.
This month, and going forward I wanted to jot down a few things that looks back on the month that was and what we did. I hope it will be a great way of looking back and remembering some of the smaller things we forget and marking the bigger things too.
This month I;
Ate at: The more we eat out with the kids the better they keep getting at it.
- Hendricks & Tonic with cucumber – my new drink of choice… yummo!!
- Modus Operandi Beer – M.O is a brewery based in Mona Vale that is nearly 12 months old. They are crafting wonderful brews and I was lucky to bring home a few more to sample after my day with Jaz last week. Jaz and her husband are kicking serious goals and winning titles left right and centre. It well worth checking out if you’re up that way.
Read: I have read so much this month. I find I go in fits and spurts with it. None of it was overly challenging but all of it entertaining.
- The Wrong Girl – Zoe Foster
- Fifty Shades Darker – EL James
- Fifty Shades Freed – EL James
- Grey – EL James
- Secret Keeping for Beginners – Maggie Alderson
- Fifty Shades of Grey – Yikes!!
- Soooo many Tinkerbell movies 😉 – especially Tinkerbell and the Pirate Fairy
- Thor – There is something about the Marvel movies and well hello… Thor!!
- Thor: The Dark World – see above point 😉
- Begin Again – I’ve bene wanting to watch this for awhile and finally caught it on foxtel the other night. Keira Knightly is a bonafide triple threat.
Travelled to: Mona Vale and Palm Beach to spend the day with my gorgeous girlfriend Jaz.
Wore: My uggboots… Everyday!!
- E’s 2nd Birthday!! Can’t believe how quickly she’s growing up.
- Winning a daily prize in The Interiors Addict monthly 7 vignettes challenge.
- Making the top 100 and top 30 in the Home and Wellbeing category for the Kidspot #Voicesof2015 competition
Dreamed: Of lying on a tropical island sooo many times.
Listened: To the soundtrack from Begin Again. Adam Levine & Keira Knightly sound great and there are so many great songs from the movie on there.
Cooked: Lots of lots of things in the slow cooker. The kids are finally becoming, well H in particular, more adventurous eaters and it’s been a pleasure to cook for them. Some of the dishes I cooked and we enjoyed this month were…
- Beef Bourguignon Soup
- Pea & Ham Soup
- Slow Cooker Beef Stew
- Chicken & Soba Noodle soup
- Quick Fried Rice
- Bliss Balls
- Prosciutto, Chilli & Rocket Pasta
Looking back, it was a fun month. We welcomed Winter, had lots of rain and some stunning Winter days. The weather is getting cooler everyday and we are already a third of the way through Winter. Is it very obvious I’m looking forward to Summer again?
How was your June? Did you celebrate anything? Eat anywhere awesome? Lucky to travel somewhere exciting? I’d love to hear what you got up too.