If you are familiar with me then you know I LOVE books and I also LOVE that my kids love books. Today I have a book review for you and at the end I have a Giveaway for one lucky reader.
I was (well H was) gifted a book called ‘The Little Boy Who Lost his Name’ by the lovely people from Not In Shops. Not In Shops specialises in lovely products you can’t get anywhere else. One of their lovely products is this personalised book from Lost my Name. They asked me my son’s name and then delivered this gorgeous book tailored made for him. If it was for a girl it would be called the Little Girl who Lost her Name… (sorry if that was stating the obvious 🙂 )
In the book the little boy wakes up one day to discover he has lost his name. He goes on an adventure to find it. Along the way he encounters different animals and helps them in some way. In return, they offer him a letter of the alphabet to help him discover his name. At the end the little boy finds his name. H was really thrilled to learn at the end it was his name. We are still in the learning letters and how to spell my name stage and I didn’t explain the book to him before we read it. I loved the surprise and excitement when he realised it was his name and therefore his special name book. He is very chuffed with his name book.
The storyline is sweet and the alliteration throughout is lovely. It’s really beautifully done. I highly recommend it if you are looking for a special treat for your child/ren. It would also make a lovely gift for a Birthday for a friend. And… dare I say it, Christmas? (I know it’s only August but I’m already starting to think of these things)
Now… for one of my lucky readers Not in Shops are giving away a copy of the Lost My Name book. To Enter you simply need to leave a comment below telling me your favourite children’s book. The competition is open until midnight Wednesday 9th September 2015.
Terms and Conditions:
- This is a game of skill. Entry via comment at the bottom of this post on A Little Part of the World with a comment on what your favourite child’s book is.
- One entry per person.
- The winner of the giveaway will be chosen by Jessica Flett based on the most interesting answer.
- This giveaway is open to all A Little Part of the World readers in Australia.
- This giveaway is hosted by Jessica Flett via the A Little Part of the World blog at www.alittlepartoftheworld.com.
- The prize consists of a Lost My Name Personalised Book
- The giveaway opens on Wednesday 26th August 2015 and closes midnight AEST on Wednesday 9th September 2015.
- The giveaway winner will be announced on A Little Part of the World on Thursday 10th September 2015 and will be notified by email and announced on this post. If no reply by midnight 12th August, a runner-up will be chosen to receive the prizes. The Second Prize winner will be notified in the same way.
So, get to it. I’d really love you to take one of these home with you. To get the ball rolling I’ll tell you my favourite children’s book growing up… The Tale of Jemima Puddle Duck by Beatrix Potter. I loved all the Beatrix Potter books. Did you?
What was your favourite children’s book growing up?
Don’t want to miss out on anything? Then be sure to get on the list to receive our Newsletter full of all the latest updates and information.
YES PLEASE! ADD ME TO THE LIST
HUGE CONGRATS JULIE. YOU’RE THE WINNER!! Be sure to check your email. Jx